As part of the new Cheshire West Carer Support Service, Making Space provide support for both Carers of people with mental health issues and Carers of people with a learning disability. For Carers of people with mental health issues, they will provide both information and well-being sessions on a one-to-one basis, including help around managing difficult behaviour and planning for the future. They also run events and activities to enable those Carers to develop peer support networks with other Carers.
Carers of people with a learning disability can access similar information and wellbeing sessions, along with support around the transition from children’s services to adult services. Social events and activities for those Carers are also available.
Making Space understand the stress and pressures of being a Carer. Their carer support workers can offer advice on everything from finance and welfare, to medication and possible side effects. Their teams can also provide or signpost you to a range of local activities and support groups, including peer support and leisure and social activities.
How Making Space can help: –
- Give you emotional support and connect you with others in a similar caring situation
- Offer guidance and advice to assist you as a Carer
- Support you to other services and organisations that can help you
- Support you to enjoy your life outside your caring role
- Provide information about mental health conditions, treatments and local services
- Support you to communicate with mental health services
Telephone: Jane Reeves on 01606 606694